2020-2021 Exchange Students application information
Application for NTUE International Exchange Students in 2020 Fall is open till 30 April, 2020. Application will only be considered through the nomination submitted by partner institutions.
Online Application Procedure
Once you are nominated to NTUE, we will create an account for you on the online application system.
The system will send you a default password to access the website.
Please log in and change your password freely, then complete your application online before the deadline.
|1st (Fall) Semester
||30th April 2020
|2nd (Spring) Semester
||30th November 2020
üRequired documents (in Chinese or English only)
- NTUE Online Application form Applicant for Department of Language and Creative Writing should fill in the form in Chinese申請語創系者，請以中文填寫國際交換學生申請表）.
Photocopy of Passport（大陸地區學生免繳）
- Official Transcripts in English or Chinese
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Letter of Recommendation
- Passport photo with a glossy finish taken with a white background within the last year. It should be 4.5cm X 3.5cm with an image of the head that should not be shorter than 3.2cm or longer than 3.6cm from the top of the head to the chin, without wearing a hat or a pair of color glasses, with clear facial features identifiable and not covered. The photo should not be modified or composed.
- Student staying in Taiwan over 180 days needs to bring a hard copy of photo for ARC application.
- Certificate of Health: Choose 1 depending on the duration of stay.
- Health Certificate for Short-Term Student- For foreign students who intend to stay in Taiwan for more than 3 months, but less than 6 months or Chinese students who intend to stay in Taiwan for more than 2 months, but less than 6 months.
- Health Certificate for Residence Application- For foreign students who intend to stay in Taiwan for more than 6 months.
- Financial Statement: balance over US$5,000 for 1 year officially issued by bank.
- Certificate/Proof of Language Proficiency
- Chinese Proficiency
- Certificate of TOCFL 3 or equivalent level such as HSK5, 中国語検定試験3級 is required for applicant of Department of Language and Creative Writing if not major in Chinese.
- Applicant of Department of Language and Creative Writing Students should provide certificate or related proof such as transcript if major in Chinese.
- Optional for other departments applicant and Chinese native speaker.
- English Proficiency
Optional, if student intends to apply for Dept. Children English Education, it is strongly suggested to have B2 level of English Proficiency.
Entry Permit Application to Taiwan for Mainland China Passport Holders大陸地區人民入出台灣地區申請書（For China Passport holders only）: 請回覆word檔、毋須簽名、個人資料詳填
Scanned copy of ID card身分證正反面彩色清晰掃描jpg檔 （For China Passport holders only）
üChinese Proficiency Reqirement - Applicant of Department of Language & Creative Writing only
a. Except for Chinese native speaker or students major in Chinese, Proof of TOCEL Level 3 (formerly Basic) or equivalent level such as HSK5, 中国語検定試験3級 is required at the time of Exchange Application submission for applicant of Department of Language & Creative Writing if not major in Chinese.
üFree Madarin Course - 15 hours a week
b. Optional for other department applicant and Chinese native speaker. Obtaining intermediate Chinese proficiency before arrival can be helpful since most of courses are taught in Chinese at NTUE.
a. Complementary Madarin Courses (15 hours a week at the NTUE Chinese Language Education Center) are provided to exchange students to support and enchance their experience at NTUE.
b. The Mandarin courses are 0 credits, but students will receive a transcript & certificate if they score over 70 and miss less than 1/4 of their classes (this can be waived depending on the home institution).
2020F NTUE-TIMELINE after Submission of Exchange Application