2019 Language & Cultural Program for NTUE Japanese partner schools is now open for application
It is our greatest honor to invite students from your university to attend the 2019 NTUE Cultural Program held from 4-13 March 2019. The maximum number of students coming to Taipei has announced to contact person of partner schools. The deadline for partner schools to submit the application is 25 January 2019. We will email students full participant list by 31 January 2019.
Dates: 4-13 March 2019
Chinese class hours: 9-12
Participant numbers: Up to 22
We provide classes on Chinese language and Taiwanese culture, field trips, social meals and partial accommodation.
Students only pay air ticket, dinners, insurance, partial accommodation fee and personal expense.
1.Lively Chinese language classes
Basic Conversation Chinese classes taught by experienced teacher.
2.Social events with local people
Tour and lunch with NTUE students
3. Various cultural experiences
Chinese yo-yo practice, Chinese paper cutting, pineapple cake and Chinese DIY…etc
4. City sightseeing/ Field Trips
Visit tourist hot spots in Taipei: National Palace Museum
Field trips: Jiufen, Pingxi…etc
5. Delicious Taiwanese foods
Soup Dumplings (Xiao Long Bao), bubble tea, fried chicken, pineapple cake are waiting for you to try.
6. Welcome Dinner
HOW TO APPLY
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
1. The flight tickets will be paid by the students.
2. Free breakfast is available offered in Hotel. Lunches will be taken care of by staffs of NTUE, but students have to pay for 7 to 8 dinners as they will be visiting different parts of the city in small groups with NTUE students after the class every afternoon.
3. The welcome party, courses, teaching materials, admission tickets to tourist spots, and transportation (coaches) of trips will all be paid by NTUE.
4. Students will stay off-campus accommodation in twin or triple room of Dunnan branch of K hotel and pay NT$ 1000 per night by cash upon arrival.
5. Pick-up service at Taoyuan(TPE) or Songsgan(TSA) airport will be arranged for all students on 4 March, but please encourage your students to travel to Taipei in a group. We also provide drop-off service from NTUE to airport on 13 March.
6. Early arrival is possible, but students who arrives Taipei before 4 March and leave after 13 March will have to pay for the additional cost of accommodation.
7. Though NTUE offers insurance for field trips, students are required to purchase medical and accident insurance for the whole period of program and bring the proof/certificate to Taiwan.
8. The welcome party will be held at 18:00 on 4 March that students are encouraged to arrive Taipei no later than 15:00 on that day.
9. Partner school should reply the participant list by 25 January 2019.
10. Please put 1 or 2 students in waiting list if applicants exceed the quota we offered.
11. After receiving our confirmation letter or announcement of full participant list students should fills in on-line application form(https://goo.gl/forms/Wcm6L7lMcKH9uXul1) by 15 February 2019. Students will need provide flight information and upload proof/ certificate of medical and accident insurance by filling the application form.
12. If applicant is a vegetarian, please do let us know by filling the application form.