2018-2019 Language & Culture Program for NTUE European and US partner schools is now open for application
It is our greatest honor to invite students from your university to attend the 2018-2019 NTUE Langguage and Culture Program held from 27 December 2018 to 5 January 2019. The maximum number of students coming to Taipei has announced to contact person of partner schools. The deadline for partner schools to submit the application is 31 October 2018. We will email students a complete list of participants by 10 December 2017.
Dates: 27 December 2018 - 5 January 2019
Chinese class hours: 9-12
Participant numbers: Up to 22
We provide accommodation, classes on Chinese language and Taiwanese culture, field trips, social meals.
Students only pay air ticket, dinners, insurance and personal expense.
1.Lively Chinese language classes
Basic Chinese language classes taught by experienced teacher.
2.Social events with local people
Tour and lunch with NTUE students
3. Various cultural experiences
Chinese yo-yo practice, Calligraphy, Chinese paper cutting and pineapple cake DIY…etc
4. City sightseeing/ Field Trips
Visit tourist hot spots in Taipei: National Palace Museum
Field trips: Danshui, Yilan, Jiufen…etc
5. Delicious Taiwanese foods
Soup Dumplings (Xiao Long Bao), bubble tea, fried chicken, pineapple cake are waiting for you to try.
6. Welcome dinner and Farewell lunch
HOW TO APPLY
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
1. The flight tickets should be paid by students.
2. Free day, Free breakfast and lunches are available offered by NTUE except for free day. But students have to pay for 7 to 8 dinners as they may want to visit different places of the city in small groups with NTUE students after the class every evening.
3. The welcome party, courses, teaching materials, admission tickets to tourist spots, and transportation (coaches) of trips will all be paid by NTUE.
4. Students will stay NTUE on-campus accommodation (4 or 6-bed ensuite room).
5. Pick-up service at the airport will be arranged for all students on 27 December, but please encourage your students to travel to Taipei in a group. We also provide drop-off service from NTUE to Taoyuan airport on 5 January.
6. Early arrival or late departure is possible , but students who arrives Taipei before 27 December or depart after 5 January should find the accommodation by themselves.
7. The welcome party will be held at 18:30 on 27 December that students are encouraged to arrive Taipei no later than 15:00 on that day.
8.Partner school should reply the participant list by 31 October 2018.
9.After announcement of full participant list students should fills in on-line application form(https://goo.gl/forms/arNcGESeJanTVOr22) by 30 November 2018.
10. If applicant is a vegetarian, please do let us know by filling the application form.
11. Though NTUE offers insurance for field trips, students are required to purchase medical and accident insurance for the whole period of program and bring the proof/certificate to Taiwan.
12. Pick-up Schedule will be announced by email by 21 December.
13. Students are encouraged to prepare 5-10 min introduction or performance about their school , country or anything interesting during“Cultural Exchange Time with Local Students” on 28 December.
Please find draft schedule in attachment and further information via https://orad.ntue.edu.tw/en/4/InternationalStudy/InternationalStudy1